An old Savoyard village with a long farming tradition and today a strong tourism infrastructure, Chatel is well placed on the Portes du Soleil circuit, arguably the world’s biggest lift-linked ski area offering 650km (406 miles) of piste.
Skiing in Chatel is divided into two parts. Firstly, Super Chatel, offers the best skiing for beginners and links with Torgon, and Morgins and Champoussin over the Swiss border; and Linga, where most of the slopes face north and so keep their snow longer, from here, or a little further along the valley at Pre la Joux, it is easy to ski to Avoriaz.
With a good selection of bars and restaurants, and a good après ski atmosphere, ski holidays in Chatel are great for everyone.
Why we like Chatel:
• Access to the vast Portes du Soleil ski area.
• Unspoilt by tourism, and maintains its french charm.
• Close to Geneva, meaning short transfer times.
• Resort Altitude: 1,200 meters
• Number of Lifts: 212
• Km of piste: 650
• Highest lift: 2,350 meters
Luxury Ski Chalets In Chatel