Val d’Isere, in the Savoie area of France, is the better-known part of Espace Killy. The huge skiing domain, shares itself with purpose-built Tignes. The area is named for Olympic hero Jean-Claude Killy, who grew up in Val d’Isere.
Espace Killy has 300 kilometres of maintained slopes cut through vast snowfields that stretch to the horizon. Much of the terrain is ideal for cruisers, but there are many opportunities for snowboarders and powder skiers to show their stuff.
The charming village finds its 1,800 residents outnumbered 15 to 1 by guests in winter, and as you’d expect the resort has a lively apres ski scene which extands late into the night. If you prefer a more relaxed pace of life, there are plenty of spa’s, shops and restaurants to satisfy every taste.
Why we like Val d’Isere:
- Huge ski area linked with Tignes, offering runs for all abilities
- Attractive town with excellent nightlife, and a large range of restaurants
- Huge range of choice of accommodation
- Little queueing due to efficient lift system
- Resort Altitude: 1,850 meters
- Number of Lifts: 97 (Espace Killy)
- Km of piste: 300 (Espace Killy)
- Highest lift: 3,550 meters
Luxury Ski Chalets In Val d’Isere